Support Pitt DBMI
How to Support the Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
All gifts, of any size, are greatly appreciated and are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
Endowment funds play a fundamental role in supporting and helping to advance the mission of Pitt DBMI. They are permanent legacies that provide significant donor recognition, as well as vital annual income in perpetuity.
For more information on giving opportunities in our many specialty areas and specific needs within those areas (such as digital imaging, biosurveillance, intellectual tutoring system, and shared pathology informatics), please contact Dr. Michael Becich (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Research Interest Donations
The following list provides a glimpse into the research interests of our distinguished faculty. Your donation can be applied specifically or generally to the department.
- Applications of AI in medicine and finance
- Application of probability theory and decision theory to medical informatics problems
- Bayesian Belief Networks
- Bioinformatics - Gene Expression Analysis
- Causal Discovery
- Computer-assisted medical decision making
- Computer-Based Education
- Construction of Decision-Theoretic Reminder Systems
- Data accuracy in computer-based medical records
- Data Mining
- Data mining application of probability theory and decision theory to medical informatics problems
- Decision Support
- Human - Computer Interaction
- Machine Learning - symbolic inductive learning from temporal data, data mining
- Macromolecular Crystallization
- Medical Cognition
- Mesothelioma Research
- Planning, reasoning, and optimization in the presence of uncertainty
- Scientific experiment design and planning
- Tissue Banking/ Biorepository
Dr. Michael Becich welcomes the opportunity to discuss the range of ways in which you can donate to various biomedical informatics research efforts. Please feel free to call us any time at 412-623-3941.