Congratulations to Dr. Heiko Spallek for his recent publication that was ranked #2 in "Top Articles in the Journal of Dental Education: 2014"
Following are the top 12 Journal of Dental Education (JDE) articles for 2014, selected by the JDE Editor, Dr. Nadeem Karimbux.
- Joseph W. Parkinson, Sharon P. Turner. Use of Social Media in Dental Schools: Pluses, Perils, and Pitfalls from a Legal Perspective. J Dent Educ 2014 78:1558-1567.
- Heiko Spallek, Lynn Johnson, Joseph Kerr, David Rankin. Costs of Health IT: Beginning to Understand the Financial Impact of a Dental School EHR. J Dent Educ 2014 78:1542-1551.
- Rebecca S. Wilder, Kathryn P. Bell, Ceib Phillips, David W. Paquette, Steven Offenbacher. Dentists’ Practice Behaviors and Perceived Barriers Regarding Oral-Systemic Evidence: Implications for Education. J Dent Educ 2014 78:1252-1262.
- Sharon K. Lanning, Michelle McGregor, Geralyn Crain, Christopher J. Van Ness, Nancy T. Keselyak, John W. Killip. The Status of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Dental Education. J Dent Educ 2014 78:1353-1363.
- Adam Fagin, T. Howard Howell, John Da Silva, Sang E. Park. The Impact on Dental Students of Changes to the National Board Dental Examination Grading System. J Dent Educ 2014 78:813-822.
- L. Susan Taichman, Russell S. Taichman, Marita R. Inglehart. Dentists’ Leadership-Related Educational Experiences, Attitudes, and Past and Current Behavior. J Dent Educ 2014 78:876-885.
- Patrick L. Anders, Elaine L. Davis, W.D. McCall Jr. Dental Students’ Attitudes Toward Diabetes Counseling, Monitoring, and Screening. J Dent Educ 2014 78:763-769.
- Debra A. Hoyle, Penni M. Ryan, Jed S. Hand, Peter Damiano, Galen B. Schneider. Retaining New Dentists in Iowa: A Role for Dental Schools in Facilitating Graduates’ Connections to Practice Opportunities in Underserved Areas. J Dent Educ 2014 78:512-519.
- Shaina Devi Holman, Mateusz S. Wietecha, Angela Gullard, Jon M.B. Peterson. U.S. Dental Students’ Attitudes Toward Research and Science: Impact of Research Experience. J Dent Educ 2014 78:334-348.
- Evelyn Donate-Bartfield, William K. Lobb, Toni M. Roucka. Teaching Culturally Sensitive Care to Dental Students: A Multidisciplinary Approach. J Dent Educ 2014 78:454-464.
- Israel T. Agaku, Olalekan A. Ayo-Yusuf, Gregory N. Connolly. Tobacco Cessation Training Among Dental and Other Health Professions Students in Eight Low- and Middle-Income Countries. J Dent Educ 2014 78:75-84.
- Seyed Hossein Bassir, Pooyan Sadr-Eshkevari, Shaden Amirikhorheh, Nadeem Y. Karimbux. Problem-Based Learning in Dental Education: A Systematic Review of the Literature. J Dent Educ 2014 78:98-109.
Nadeem Karimbux, D.M.D., M.M.Sc., is the Editor of the ADEA Journal of Dental Education and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine.