Employment Opportunities at Pitt DBMI
- Postdoctoral Research Position in Neuroimaging
The Biomedical Informatics Training Program at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is recruiting for four (4) postdoctoral research scholar in biomedical informatics. Be part of a rich collaborative environment with excellence in the areas of public health informatics, bioinformatics, clinical informatics and translational informatics
Research areas represented by our faculty include:
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating an integrated set of tools that support causal modeling and discovery of biomedical knowledge from very large and complex biomedical data
- Addressing gaps in clinically useful evidence on drug-drug interactions
- Algorithms for predicting hospital readmission
- Cancer deep phenotype extraction from electronic medical records
- Deciphering cellular signaling system by deep mining a comprehensive genomic compendium
- Development and evaluation of a learning electronic medical record system
- Modeling of infectious disease study information
- Post-graduate degree (MD or PhD) and training in Biomedical Informatics, Computer Science, Biostatistics, or a related discipline. US citizen or permanent resident.
- Ability to independently perform research in one of the above areas of biomedical informatics with mentoring from a faculty member.
- Ability to write and publish journal articles.
How to apply:
To apply, please go to https://apply.dbmi.pitt.edu/ and complete the online application. You will need to include the following:
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement - description of your research interests and faculty member(s) you would be interested in working with at Pitt DBMI
- Contact information for three references
- One writing sample - preferably a published or accepted paper
- The application fee will be waived – please contact Toni Porterfield (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Current postdoctoral stipend levels can be found at http://www.dbmi.pitt.edu/training-programs/funding.
The University of Pittsburgh is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
The Osmanbeyoglu Lab is seeking enthusiastic postdoctoral scholars in Computational Biology and Machine Learning. Successful candidates will develop integrative statistical and machine learning approaches for extracting insights from cutting-edge multi-omic single cell datasets (CITE-seq, scATAC-seq, scTCRseq), clinical and drug response data for the purpose of precision cancer therapy.
The Osmanbeyoglu Lab is a rapidly growing, NCI-funded multi-disciplinary hybrid wet/dry lab at the University of Pittsburgh. We are affiliated with the Department of Biomedical Informatics, Bioengineering and UPMC Hillman Cancer Center. Our group is fortunate to have the necessary combination of large clinical sample volume at UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, single-cell technology and computational biology experience. The University consistently ranks in the top 5 nationally for NIH biomedical research funding and the Cancer Center was recently ranked #7 by US News & World Report. Pittsburgh, PA is often voted the most livable city in the US featuring eclectic neighborhoods, diverse culinary and entertainment opportunities, as well as accessible outdoor recreation (http://www.coolpgh.pitt.edu/).
QUALIFICATIONS: PhD in an applied quantitative discipline, such as computational biology, bioinformatics, biostatistics or computer science with a strong interest in translational biomedical research. Ideal candidates would have publications demonstrating experience with scripting, computational biology, and/or machine learning. Candidates may be eligible to apply for the enhanced stipend and career development funding provided as a Hillman Postdoctoral Fellow for Innovative Cancer Research (details provided at https://hillmanresearch.upmc.edu/research/hillman-fellows/postdoctoral/).
TO APPLY: If interested in, please send an email to Dr. Osmanbeyoglu (osmanbeyogluhu @ pitt dot edu) and include your CV (with references) and research interests. Please put the word “POSTDOC-APPLICATION-2019” in the subject line.