- Currently: Associate Professor, School of Library and Information Studies, and Discovery Fellow, Living Environments Laboratory, Wisconsin Institute for Discovery, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 2002: PhD, Library and Information Science, Medical Informatics
- 2000: MSIS (Master of Science, Information Science), Medical Informatics
- Publications (links to PubMed)
- Currently: Associate Professor of Nursing, Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania
- 1999: Master's Degree in Public Health
- 2006: Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship
- Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
- Publications: see CV
The PRoBE Lab Mission and Goals:
To harness prior knowledge for effective knowledge discovery from biomedical data.
To design and develop novel machine learning algorithms using symbolic, probabilistic and hybrid approaches to solve bioinformatics problems of clinical importance such as biomarker discovery and disease classification.
Bartos CE, Fridsma DB, Butler BS, Penrod LE, Becich MJ, Crowley RS. Development of an instrument for measuring clinicians' power perceptions in the workplace. J Biomed Inform. 2008 Mar 4. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 18375189 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher].
LaFramboise WA, Petrosko P, Krill-Burger JM, Morris DR, McCoy AR, Scalise D, Malehorn DE, Guthrie RD, Becich MJ, Dhir R. Proteins secreted by embryonic stem cells activate cardiomyocytes through ligand binding pathways. J Proteomics. 2010 Mar;73(5):992-1003. Epub 2010 Jan 4. PMID:20045494.